Hi everyone! If you’re in Malaysia or any country with a movement restriction in order, we’re stuck at home just like you! Here are a few announcements on how we’re managing photo deliveries in this time, including a new promotion! (At 0:43 you can see how challenging it is to make a recording at home with your kids around!) Stay safe, keep in touch, and we look forward to serving you. – Grace.
We’ve been talking about how grateful we are for all your support and also what a joy it is to celebrate your stories. So we’re doing a social media giveaway! If you have had your photos taken with us before (this includes your wedding or any lifestyle photos), you can stand a chance to win one free personalised photo album designed by us, when you participate.
All you need to do is:
- Choose your favourite photo from a collection of your photos taken by our Stories team and post it on your Instagram and / or Facebook feed. Please ensure the post is public so we can see it!
- In your caption, tell us why this moment (shown in photo) is meaningful to you or share a favourite story or memory about the people in the photo.
- Tag @storiesmy and hashtag #MyStories2020
One lucky winner will be chosen at the end of the month and announced in our newsletter. If you are that winner, we will also contact you directly and you can collect your gift from our office once it’s ready. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions below.
Looking forward to reading all your lovely stories and walking down memory lane with you!
Terms & Conditions
- One winner will be chosen during the last week of the month.
- Winner will be chosen according to the discretion of Stories.my.
- The photo album will include photos from clients’ collection and will be chosen by Stories.my.
- No requests for amendments or modifications will be entertained.
- This prize cannot be exchanged for any other product or service or monetary value.
- The prize will need to be collected by the winner from Stories.my office
- If the winner cannot collect the prize due to distance and location, he / she may appoint someone else to collect it.
- Stories.my is not obliged to send the prize by mail.
- Stories.my reserves the right to change or modify these terms and end the contest as and when needed.
- By participating, you agree to all the Terms & Conditions listed.
The Season of Giving is here and we have a gift for you! Book any Lifestyle Photography Package this December and redeem a 20% discount on your shoot in 2020. This could be a family, maternity, or newborn photo session.
This discount ALSO applies for prints, albums, and canvases that are ordered in December 2019. Now is your chance to pull out all those lovely old photos and make an album to gift to your family this Christmas!
Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings must be done in December 2019. Discount applies for Lifestyle packages, albums, canvases and prints only.
- Photography sessions must be completed within 2020 only, dates subject to availability.
- Additional upgrades or surcharges confirmed after this promo period will not be entitled to further 20% discounts.
- Lifestyle packages booked are fully transferable to another name.
If you love the beach, I would totally recommend heading to Krabi, Thailand for a pre-wedding, anniversary or even a family portrait session! Recently, we were invited by Tourism Thailand and Weddings Malaysia on a familiarisation trip to Krabi. There were 5 of us – a few photographers, a videographer and a wedding planner. We were brought around to many beautiful resorts and met the sales people at these hotels. Some of these venues were just perfect for a wedding ceremony. In fact, with reasonable air fares, heading to Krabi on a 1.5 hour flight for a photo session is not only easily accessible but it is affordable.
This was my 3rd time on a photo session in Krabi, Thailand. If you are interested in our current promotion (rates start from RM5,500 not inclusive of flights & accommodation costs), contact us so that we can bring you around in the land of Amazing Smiles! Let us arrange all the details for the trip. We will also be happy to take you along for a post-shoot massage. Contact us to find out specific promo details.
These photos were taken around Hong Island and The ShellSea Krabi.
We are excited to be part of this fundraising campaign for Make-A-Wish Malaysia. Critically ill children hold a special place in my heart and we are glad that our little efforts will go towards making a child’s dream a reality. Rayyan, 6, wishes to be a policeman, so he received an experience spending the day with real sergeants in a police patrol car. Sya’irah, 7 years and diagnosed with brain tumour, wishes to see and feed giraffes. It also breaks my heart to hear from Irene, the CEO of Make-A-Wish Malaysia, that another child’s wish was merely have a KFC meal with his family. These children come from lower income families and your contribution will go towards the children from these families. Please partner with us as we support this worthy cause, to make more life changing wishes a reality for critically sick children.
About Make-A-Wish Malaysia
Their mission is to create life changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. They are on a quest to bring every eligible child’s wish to life because a wish sparks imagination, inspiration and renewed strength to help a critically sick child and family to battle the illness.
When a child is diagnosed with a critical illness, the whole family’s lives are turned upside down. Families from lower income is further burdened with the cost of medicine and treatment which are available only in select hospitals. The sick child and parent are required to make frequent trips to these hospitals or remain long term patients to minimise cost and risk of travelling. Such long separation adds to the sick child’s despair and loneliness.
At Make-A-Wish Malaysia, they strongly believe in the life-changing Power of a Wish. A wish is not merely something nice to have, but a wondrous journey of anticipation and empowerment. The powerful wish journey creates amazing memories that continue to inspire confidence and strength long after the wish has been granted, enabling the child and family to better cope with fear and pain associated with their fight.
As a self-supported non-government organization, they rely on fundraising and donations from corporations and individuals to enable them continue their mission. Up to 2018, over 500 wishes have been granted with the help of donors and volunteers.
How you can help
Book any of our special, discounted sessions between the months of March – April 2019 and utilize it for your personal profile, maternity or family portrait session anytime within 2019. 25% of the proceeds will be donated to Make-A-Wish Malaysia. You will receive a receipt from both parties to ensure that your donation has gone through.
If you are a previous client and would like to still be part of this campaign but have just completed a recent shoot, you can also be part of this campaign when you purchase any prints, albums or full set of high resolution images from us or if you just want to make a donation, contact us directly. Thank you for your generosity!