The moment we met Jason and Victoria, we fell in love with them! As a couple, they are just so adorable together and they are just so full of life. The fun and warm energy they exude just bubbles over and infects everyone they meet. When we were discussing ideas for their pre-wedding video, we got to know them so much more as a person… including all of Jason’s OCD actions and Victoria’s love for all things girly. But in all seriousness, we see their love for each other, people and for God that binds them together as a couple.
This video was played as an intro before Victoria’s grand entrance into church during the wedding ceremony. Chi Yin did a great job shooting the video below. We revisited Lake Gardens for the shoot – the location where their original proposal took place.
Amy is from the UK and Tom is from Australia, but they chose Langkawi as the destination for their wedding because it is a great half way destination for all their guests. Plus, they love the sand, beach and sun! They have a cute 1 year old baby, Imogen who we totally adore! Their ceremony was held at the Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi. We were blown away at the lovely semi-circle chair set up that the venue did for them. The day was beautiful and we had a gorgeous sunset that evening to end the ceremony and set the tone for the dinner reception. Congratulations to the both of you, and thank you for choosing Stories!
It is a beautiful story of how God brought two very different people together. One is from Nigeria. The other is from Malaysia. They met in London, and this is how their story began…
I met Ese through Ndiana (his sister) when she invited a group of us from church (all of us volunteer together on Sunday) to their yearly BBQ event in the summer of 2013. We’ve all heard about Ndiana’s mischievous younger brother. The BBQ was at their parents’ massive garden and Ese came over to say hello to all of us (he wasn’t attending the same church as us at that time). I have always had a thing for darker skinned guys so my first impression of him was – not a bad looking guy, very smiley and friendly. He ticked the boxes, black guy and from a good Christian family. I mean Ndiana is so lovely so surely her brother be that bad right?
We quickly became friends and as a group we welcomed Ese in. He started volunteering in church and eventually hanging out with us. It was in a conversation in a gathering that he said he’ll take me out for dinner because we both love food and the restaurant scene in London. Our friends caught on and I think from then on they thought that Ese and I will be a couple. I was very flattered but he took about 2 years before he actually took me out!!!
He did it with a bang though, took me to Oblix at The Shard (tallest building in London). I tried my best to not take it any other way other than we are just friends enjoying good food. This “friend” dinner thing went on a few more times and each time I felt we were getting closer but nothing is actually happening! I was of course frustrated- over 6 months of “friends” dinner. So finally, it came to a stage where I said to myself, this is my last chance. I’m going to make my feelings obvious and if he still say or do nothing then I’m not going out with him anymore. We went to Ikea on a rainy Saturday, came home with all my purchases, had takeaways, watched a movie and then he kissed me after. I said to him “finally!” It was 14th November 2015.
Apparently Ese was battling with his feelings for me because I’m not his type. He was also very aware that as we have mutual friends, if we didn’t work out, it would have been very awkward for our friends. However, as he spends time with me, he likes me more and more. He realised that he would just have to go for it. He would deny it publicly but he fell in love with me pretty immediately, declared he loves me after the first month! He blurted it out and was worried that he ruined it. I didn’t reciprocate until Valentine’s Day 2016.
We prayed about each other and found the peace that we are meant to be together. Ese and I promised that in everything God is our foundation and centre of everything and we strongly believe that Jesus is the reason why we are so good together.
Book a romantic holiday at Rawa Island Resort and have your love immortalised through a photography and videography session with Stories.my, inclusive of hair and make up services. Whether you are looking to do a pre-wedding session, celebrate a honeymoon or your 10th wedding anniversary, this is the perfect getaway for you. Situated within the archipelago of the Sultan Iskandar Marine Park, Rawa Island is accessible by a twenty-minute boat ride from Mersing, Johor. It is a private island near Tioman Island. As a resort, it has received the Trip Advisor certificate of excellence for the past 3 years since 2016.
For only RM11,070, you will receive:
3D2N accommodation at Waterfront room (1 double bed for 2 pax – couple only)
Inclusive of 3 daily meals per person, welcome drink and two way boat transfer to and fro Mersing
Accommodation costs for Stories team is waived
4 hours of photography and behind the scenes video coverage
Personalised hair & make up services
1 photographer & 1 videographer from the Stories team
3 minute edited video highlight
Approximately 200 high resolution digital images on USB
Online password protected gallery
12″ x 12″ Lush album (40 pages)
Terms & Conditions:
1. Promotion is valid for weekdays and non public holiday dates from 1st February 2019 to 30th November 2019.
2. Additional charges apply for these variations – to request for senior photographer Grace, add on wedding gown or extra prints and canvases.
3. Accommodation costs covers the couple only (2 pax). You do not need to add on extra travel or accommodation costs for the Stories team.
4. Tourism tax of RM10.00 per room per night applies to all foreigners staying at tourist accommodation premises. Payment is to be made during check-out at Rawa IslandResort.
5. All bookings are subject to availability.
6. Reservations are confirmed only upon full pre-payment of non-refundable deposit.
7. Booking dates may be changed once to another date within the promotional period, subject only to availability by giving 14 days’ notice in advance. Additional requests to amend your reservation details or change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change / additional charges.
8. In the event of “No show” or “Early check-out”, guest will still be charged for the entire stay.
9. No refund in full or in part will be made for un-utilized services included in the package.
10. We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
11. Bookings need to be made and paid to two individual parties – Integricity Visuals Sdn Bhd (Stories.my) and Rawa Island Resort Sdn Bhd.