Step into these pages and soar through familiar sights – from the glittering skyline of Kuala Lumpur, the hustle and bustle, (and hawker food) of Penang and Melaka’s historical monuments, to Terengganu’s beloved traditions and the natural beauty of East Malaysia- as you star as the main character of your very own story!
Together with makchic, we have created an endearing photo storybook experience that combines professional photos of your family taken by Stories, whimsical illustrations by Munsya Rahman, and a heartwarming story by makchic’s Kimberly Lee about the power of creativity and the joy of creating moments and memories. Created for children between the ages 3-8, this book will become a family heirloom worth treasuring.
Get ready to take off on an adventure to remember – and a flight you and your family won’t forget.
A fun photo session
When you purchase this experience, you will receive a photo session at our studio, designed specifically to fit within the context of this book. Create a unique memory for your family as you participate in this one-hour session.
A personalised book
This personalised 8" x 8" hard cover book (40 pages) is the perfect gift for your child. Your child will be amazed to see their faces and names appear in the book! You will also receive the 11 digital images that appear in this book.
An experience to remember!
We want the creation of this book to be an experience to remember - a core memory created with loved ones, as the joy of their shared experience is forever immortalised in a book of their own making.
How it works
- Make a purchase on this website.
- Schedule a shoot date with Stories. The price stated is for a weekday session at our studio (Unit 3-3 Oval Damansara, KL) with an associate photographer (4-6 years of experience). You may choose to add-on other items such as hair and makeup, choose a public holiday or weekend date, or opt for a senior photographer who has 15 years of experience.
- Read through our photo session guide book on how to prepare for the session.
- Enjoy the photo session!
- Preview the book online before printing. Receive 11 digital images.
- Receive a beautiful, keepsake book delivered to your doorstep! (Free of charge within KL & PJ)
Meet the creators
About Grace Tan
Grace Tan is the founder and senior photographer for Stories Lifestyle. She specialises in family and personal portraits and has worked with a number of high-profile personalities and celebrities as a renowned photographer for over 15 years. Through photography, she hopes families will be able to remember the happiest moments of their lives as they connect over a shared experience in front of a lens. This book idea was created by Grace, in line with her vision of building family heirlooms through images.
About Munsya Rahman
A deep love for books and drawing naturally led Munsya Rahman, a local illustrator, on her journey to becoming a children’s book illustrator. When she’s not drawing, you can bet you’ll find her lost in the forest. Her art is greatly influenced by the breathtaking natural setting that she enjoys while camping or hiking, which inspires her to craft her own ideas of landscape into illustration. Through this project, she gets to share the natural beauty of Malaysia and the local culture, both of which are interpreted in her own artistic perspective.
About Kimberly Lee
Kimberly Lee is makchic’s Managing Editor, the author of Boys Don’t Fry (Macmillan, 2023) and What if? (makchic, 2021) with other projects in the works. She is a firm believer in the power of stories to create change, and in the right of every child to have their voice heard. Find her online at www.kimberlyleebooks.com, or on Instagram and X as @kimlsywrites, or trying to satisfy her eternal wanderlust by travelling the world (on flights of imagination or otherwise).
Book your flight experience here
Terms & Conditions
- Schedule a photo session up to 1 year from the time of purchase.
- The date of the session will be subject to the availability of the Stories photographers and is valid for weekdays only. The session duration will last between 30 minutes and 1 hour. You may choose to upgrade to a weekend date, opt for a senior photographer, or include hair and makeup services at an additional fee.
- The session is limited to your immediate family only (father, mother, and children).
- The book will feature one child’s name as the main character of the story. If you have more than one child, you may include him or her in the photo session, but his or her name will not be featured.
- The photographers will provide prompts to your family during the session in order to create specific actions that fit the pages of the book. As with every session that involves a child, anything can happen when children are put under the spotlight to ‘perform’! The success of the session is a collaborative effort between the photographer and the family. Please come to the session with a flexible and creative mindset. A reshoot is not included in the package, but you may add on an additional hour of shoot time if required.
- Stories reserves the right to select the most suitable photos to be included in the book. You may change up to two images during the preview process. Any other request to change images will incur an additional fee to compensate for the extra editing time required.
- You will receive a personalised hard cover 8 x 8 inch book (40 pages) and 11 digital images from this purchase. You may opt to purchase the full set of images after the shoot for an additional fee.
- Bookings made are non-refundable but fully transferable to another family. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, Stories reserves the right to make a final decision.