There is something beautiful about seeing a newborn nestling comfortably in his mother’s arms. Or how tiny his fingers look compared to yours. Oh how a child changes everything in your life! Definitely a milestone to remember. Nate was an easy baby to photograph… most of the time, he just slept and was oblivious to me clicking away! He must have gotten his easy going personality from his parents Owen and Ida. At the end of the session, we managed to even change him into a pilot’s outfit, suitable for a pilot’s son! That was just too adorable.
At the end of 2016, 4 of us from the Stories team made a special visit to Fugee School, an education hub for refugee kids in Kuala Lumpur. It was a time of getting away from our usual work to do other socially responsible photography and video related projects. In a way, it was something similar to what we did in Kelantan some years back with the flood victims. I met with Deborah Henry, co-founder of the school, to run through some ideas on what we could do for Fugee School, and we narrowed down our focus to a documentary style approach that would give some insight into these families and their life here in Malaysia.
We were blessed to have met two students, Yusra and Hafsa. Listen to their heartwarming stories in the video below, and support amazing organizations like Fugee School who work to make a difference to these children.
Photographed & filmed by Jamie & Chi Yin
Edited by Chi Yin
Creative direction by Grace
Hafsa & Hasan’s Story
Photographed & filmed by Grace & Jennifer
Edited by Chi Yin
Creative direction by Grace
Arthur and Luisa traveled from Florida, USA to Malaysia for a short holiday recently. But it wasn’t just a normal holiday. Arthur had planned to propose to Luisa here, and even arranged for a horse carriage at the Palace of the Golden Horses, Kuala Lumpur. He told her that they were going to do a fun pre-wedding photo shoot together and she bought it. We arranged the styling, gown and even flowers that adorned their room. It was a great session together and we had heaps of fun! Thank you for allowing us the privilege of being part of this amazing day. I hope to meet you again soon, perhaps in September in New York City when I get there!
I got to know Shan Li through a few connections… my sister and my friend Jek. Shan Li is the face behind BabyDash, that one stop online store for all your baby needs. After I attended one of Babydash’s events, we got acquainted and then things just progressed from there… I helped Babydash create their online video for their crowd funding efforts recently, and also ran a photography talk organized by them.
So it was really nice when Shan Li asked me to photograph her family one day. It was pouring cats and dogs when I arrived there but it wasn’t a really big issue as they had a beautiful living room! Halfway through our session, the rain stopped, and we could dash out for some more photos in the garden (pun intended!).
I love photographing families in their homes because it will help them remember this space that brings so much love and joy through the years. It’s a historic record of this specific point in their life. What a beautiful family! Thank you for having me over, Shan Li!
We are so pleased to bring to you our very first partnership with CIMB bank! We have great deals with CIMB that lasts all the way till 31st December 2017! If you are looking to book a pre-wedding photography / videography session or a lifestyle portrait session with us, have a look at the awesome deals below.
Terms & Conditions
1. Offer 1 and 2 are valid from 1 April to 31 December 2017 and not valid with other ongoing promotions, discounts or vouchers.
2. To be entitled for RM200 off purchase of full set of images valued at RM500 or get 15% off albums & canvases, minimum photography package amount of RM600 is required for booking of lifestyle, maternity or family photo shoots.
3. No minimum amount for pre-wedding photography or videography package required to be entitled for the 10% off pre-wedding package.
4. Payment must be made with a CIMB Bank debit, credit, Kwik card or via CIMB Clicks.
5. Photo/video shoot dates for lifestyle, maternity, family or pre-wedding are subject to availability and applicable to weekdays and non-public holidays only.
6. Booking is non-refundable, but fully transferable to another name within the 6 months from the date of booking cancellation notice.
7. Lifestyle, maternity, family photography and pre-wedding photo/videography package valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
8. For further enquiries, please call Stories.my at 1700 815 405 (local) or +6017-612 0717 (overseas).