When we first received the enquiry from Ming Li for a family portrait session, we freaked out just a little bit. It wasn’t because she had weird family members or queer requests… it was because the photo shoot was for 27 persons and they wanted it in our humble little studio! After some discussion, the team decided to take up the challenge and even held a mock shoot with as many people from the office as we could gather to ensure we could fit everyone in comfortably for the group shot.
I rarely publish boudoir photos, but when a model turned mom turned client allowed me to do so, I was excited! Most of the boudoir sessions I photograph are for women who would love to present these images as a gift to their husbands. It’s a great way to spice up your sex life (especially post-kids!). Though most women feel self-conscious in front of the camera with their imperfect bodies, I believe there is beauty in every woman which shines through when she is confident about her character.
Here are some tips that can help if you are interested in a boudoir photography session:
- Make yourself feel beautiful
A lot of women who have posed in front of my camera have shared their insecurities with me. What really helps is if you pamper yourself by hiring a make up artist for the session. You will look amazing as the stylist will help bring out the best in you. Go for a facial or massage a few days before the session, just so that you feel great. Or you can go to the hairdresser a week before to have a new haircut or get your hair dyed.
- Go shopping!
If you feel as if your wardrobe is a little stale, go ahead and plan for a mini shopping spree for sexy lingerie! In this boudoir session, we had the privilege of working with this Spanish lingerie brand, Selmark, who provided the white bridal lingerie for the shoot. If you are ever looking for beautiful bridal lingerie, check this European brand out. Another alternative would be to bring an oversized shirt or a body hugging t-shirt with shorts for a different look. Be bold and try something that you would never have tried in the first place! But it is important that you feel confident and comfortable in what you wear. Get a variety of options in different colours – this could just be bras or bodysuits. Don’t forget accessories and heels too!
- Choose a good location for the shoot
You can either opt to do the shoot in the privacy of our photo studio or you splurge on a really nice hotel suite or perhaps find an interesting Airbnb property that can give you a variety of shoot locations. A comfortable bed, a gorgeous couch or vintage bathtub can make the images look even better.
- Be open with your photographer
Which part of your body does your husband love the most? Your eyes, butt, breasts? If you share this information with your photographer, we can help accentuate that feature during the session. Trust your photographer and let her guide you into the best glamorous poses.
- The day before the shoot…
Wax, shave and moisturize. Make sure you drink enough water and have a good night’s rest. When you travel for the shoot, wear loose clothing so that it will not leave marks on your body. Finally, enjoy the session!
I love how this family incorporated their favourite activity into their portrait session, by bringing dragon boat oars into our studio! It’s a fun way to inject personality into your family portraits. Luckily I managed to find a ‘boat’ for our little one to use during this session. What a fun session we had. Thank you for a wonderful time together, Lee Shih and Su Li!
We just dug this out of our archives and realised it’s too good a set to miss out! When you have a family as good looking as the Ng family, you just have to share the photos. When people enquire if they can include their extended family into their photo session, we always say yes! It’s a great way to connect across generations as the family gets together for a fun activity. We have fit up to 22 people in our studio before. Phew, it was challenging posing and lighting everyone, but we did it!
If you would like to have your extended family portraits taken in our studio, do contact us!
We are so pleased to bring to you our very first partnership with CIMB bank! We have great deals with CIMB that lasts all the way till 31st December 2017! If you are looking to book a pre-wedding photography / videography session or a lifestyle portrait session with us, have a look at the awesome deals below.
Terms & Conditions
1. Offer 1 and 2 are valid from 1 April to 31 December 2017 and not valid with other ongoing promotions, discounts or vouchers.
2. To be entitled for RM200 off purchase of full set of images valued at RM500 or get 15% off albums & canvases, minimum photography package amount of RM600 is required for booking of lifestyle, maternity or family photo shoots.
3. No minimum amount for pre-wedding photography or videography package required to be entitled for the 10% off pre-wedding package.
4. Payment must be made with a CIMB Bank debit, credit, Kwik card or via CIMB Clicks.
5. Photo/video shoot dates for lifestyle, maternity, family or pre-wedding are subject to availability and applicable to weekdays and non-public holidays only.
6. Booking is non-refundable, but fully transferable to another name within the 6 months from the date of booking cancellation notice.
7. Lifestyle, maternity, family photography and pre-wedding photo/videography package valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
8. For further enquiries, please call Stories.my at 1700 815 405 (local) or +6017-612 0717 (overseas).